Wednesday 27 December 2006

Typical

These things always happen over the Christmas period. Last night at the end of Boxing Day dinner one of my wisdom teeth decided to give up the ghost and crumble. It doesn't hurt at all, but I'm missing half a molar and the rest does not look pretty.

I've not had a single problem with my teeth ever, 27 years and not one filling. (I was quite proud of that.) But this wisdom tooth is in an awkward as hell place, really closed in and I've never really been able to get at it all that well.

Doesn't hurt, but I Can. Not. Stop. Poking. It.

God knows when I'll be able to get a dentist appointment without having to pay an arm and leg for it, I think it'll have to come out entirely which while intellectually I know this is a good thing, injections into my gums fill me with unending terror that could well convert me into a panicked 5 year old refusing to open my mouth. Gah.

In other news, I've ordered a new laptop from Dabs which looks very pretty and should come tomorrow.

Harry on ther other hand has decided to scoot off somewhere. Christmas I think got too much for him and he disappeared last night and we haven't seen him since. Both Dad and I have done the requisite checks on the road and wandered around the Garden endlessly to look for him, we're only in the moderate concern stage of the Missing Cat Procedure at the moment as its a mild night and more than likely he's just in a huff about the disrupted routine over Christmas and decided to beg for food from one of his other houses. He'll probably turn up tomorrow, whine his head off and eat enough to feed a small african country.

No comments: