Monday 18 December 2006

Of planes, trains and very cool automobiles

Bless my mother and her mid life crisis. She has bought a sports car.

A Toyota Celica 1.8. Which I'm sure isn't particularly high spec in any way, but really who cares? it looks pretty, its low, it has leather seats, six forward gears and its the absolute polar opposite to my wardrobe on wheels in every way bar the colour. (Though umpteen trips across muddy back roads in Somerset and a run in with the drive way gate is doing a rather stellar job at hiding that fact.)

I'm also not allowed to drive it. Hmmph.

Though I did get to spin it around an empty car park. Hee.

Mother however did not share in my joy of sliding sideways. So we went home.

1 comment:

Swiral said...

My m&d got an Audi TT, m came to pick me up and we drove round B'ham playing Crystal Gayle very loud, we're cool, we are.