Thursday 21 December 2006

Harry the Wonder Cat


Some time ago, Harry arrived and made himself at home on the sofa, having had enough of two doors up locking him out at night and their insistence in owning a dog.

He's quite a good natured Cat with little evidence of anything going on between his ears. He eats copiously, sleeps alot and generally is very easy to be around. He just really doesn't like any sort of physical contact. It took us two months to even approach him without him running off. Slow process, but he doesn't bolt when one of us comes into the room. This has been the status quo for some time, he'll tolerate the odd pat on the head or scratch if he's in the right mood, but nothing more.

A little while ago, I decided this was going to have to change, mainly because it was my seat on the sofa he'd stolen and I rather wanted it back. So every night, or every time I've managed to get hold of him, he's had an enforced sit on my lap. Its taken a couple of weeks of slowly building up the time, but last night he finally curled up and went to sleep for about half an hour. I'm really quite chuffed now. He's never going to be a lap cat, but yay for progress.

No comments: